Re: rpms/lesstif/devel lesstif.spec,1.4,1.5

On Mon, Jan 01, 2007 at 05:21:23PM +0100, Michael Schwendt wrote:

> Incomplete. Ought to be:
>
>   Obsoletes: openmotif <= 2.3.0-0.2.1

This is not strictly required, but not doing that could lead to trouble
later when the lesstif sonames are bumped in the future, and considering
that the -devel package will obsolete older openmotif this is not that
problematic, and it will get rid of old fedora openmotif.

>   Obsoletes: openmotif-devel <=  2.3.0-0.2.1
>
> I like it, FWIW. ;-)

Once agin I dislike it because there are certainly scenarios for which
it will really bother third party repo openmotif packaging.

> > but there may not be another solution.
>
> Huhu, FESCO! :-D

Indeed that could be a good idea to have fesco people have a look at that.
I'll implement the versioned obsoletes, but maybe it could deserve a thorough
look at it.

--
Pat