About missing reviews

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Mon Jan 1 19:48:31 UTC 2007

On Mon, 01 Jan 2007 12:56:14 +0100
fedora at leemhuis.info (Thorsten Leemhuis) wrote:

> The rules we used today are also slightly different then they were
> one, two or three years ago -- thus your argument holds true for all
> our packages, not just those from fedora.us (albeit the rules that
> were used might be bit more different). That why I wrote yesterday
> somewhere else on this list that we sooner or later might need to
> re-review each package in CVS. But I don't think we have the manpower
> for that (or let's say: we IMHO have more important things to do
> ATM), especially with the "let's review all the core stuff when it
> gets merged into the extras framework for F7" on the horizon.

Yeah, I think it would be a wonderfull world if we could re-review
every package on every cycle or something, but thats not gonna
happen. ;)

> I'd suggest this: for the devel period towards F8 build a "Re-review
> SIG" (or let the QA sig handle it) that just goes trough most of/all
> the packages in CVS; the oldest packages get visited first.

Can (or will) the new shiny package database contain a 'last reviewed'
field? We could sort on that and go thru the list from oldest to
newest.

> I'd even
> say those SIG members should get allowed to fix everything directly
> in CVS even if the package is owned by somebody else. That eventually
> could speed up the handling of the effort a lot; we just need to make
> sure the packager sees what was changed and gets noticed *why* it was
> changed to educate them.

I don't think thats a very good idea personally... If a re-review of a
package shows problems, why not file them as bugs? The maintainer can
explain why they might not be real bugs, etc.. also as a bonus this
could show a package that could be orphaned due to lack of maintainer
response.

> CU
> thl

kevin