Re: inotify-enabled apps [was: inotail]

On 1/3/07, Florin Andrei <florin andrei myip org> wrote:
Frankly, I'm surprised it took so long for someone to come up with an
incron equivalent. inotify is incredibly powerful, I thought we were
going to see a massive amount of apps starting to use it immediately.

What is the maximum number of  filesystem locations inotify can watch
in the current fedora kernels? And what is the memory tradeoff
associated with each additional watch?

-jef