Re: inotify-enabled apps [was: inotail]

On 04-Jan-2007 17:25.14 (GMT), Dave Jones wrote:
 > > E.g. we could get rid of all the ugly
 > > gtk-update-icon-cache calls in package %posts and instead have incron
 > > monitor /usr/share/icons/* and trigger the icon cache update in that
 > > way.
 > Indeed, this does actually sound like it could be useful for a number of things.

Only if it has proper job locking (or triggered execution at the end of a
yum transaction). If two packages update one after the other, and, say, a
scrollkeeper-update is already running from the previous update before it's
called again, you could end up in an inconsistant state fairly quickly.

--
rob andrews                       :: pgp 0x01e00563 :: rob choralone org