Adding (parts of) gstreamer-plugins-bad to FE?

Hans de Goede j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl
Wed Jan 10 16:11:41 UTC 2007

Thomas Vander Stichele wrote:
> On Sat, 2006-11-25 at 15:18 +0100, Hans de Goede wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'm currently working on getting gstreamer-plugins-bad into that other
>> repo, and I was thinking that it could actually be a good idea to put it
>> in FE and only put the parts with troublesome dependencies in FE.
>
> Hi,
>
> as an upstream GStreamer maintainer and a fellow Fedora Extras
> contributor, I respectfully respect that no package for
> gstreamer-plugins-bad gets put in Fedora Extras.

I understand, and will honor your request. Thanks for asking this
politely. What about putting them in that other repo, I guess you feel
mostly the same about that?

I really want to see gstreamer-plugins-bad in that other repo as it adds
QT support (which cannot be in FE in anyway because of patent issues).

Since afaik a lot of work has been done on QT support lately, maybe an
other option would be to move QT support from bad to ugly, or to patch
the repo-that-must-not-be-named ugly version to add QT support?

Or what about a bad plugins package for that other repo with only the QT
plugin in there?

I'm looking forward to hear from you.

Thanks for the input & Regards,

Hans