Summary - Broken dependencies in Fedora Extras - 2007-01-16

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Tue Jan 16 21:41:38 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 16 January 2007 16:24, Denis Leroy wrote:
> Hmmm, so why is a binary-incompatible version of libburn being pushed so
> late in the lifetime of FC-6 ? I have a package (brasero) that doesn't
> compile with libburn.so.6. This is a somehwat careless dependency
> breaking, it's not hard to check what packages are dependent on this...

Oh wow, I had no idea that anybody was actually using libburn.  My bad.

Upstream really wanted to get the new libburn/libisofs out as they've made a
lot of improvements.  Since we don't have any sort of updates-testing for
Extras, I built it for rawhide and let it sit there for a bit.  Nobody
complained, so I built the update for FC-6.

Guess I'll do a repoquery next time.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora