Re: Summary - Broken dependencies in Fedora Extras - 2007-01-16

Jesse Keating wrote:
On Tuesday 16 January 2007 16:24, Denis Leroy wrote:
Hmmm, so why is a binary-incompatible version of libburn being pushed so
late in the lifetime of FC-6 ? I have a package (brasero) that doesn't
compile with libburn.so.6. This is a somehwat careless dependency
breaking, it's not hard to check what packages are dependent on this...

Oh wow, I had no idea that anybody was actually using libburn.  My bad.

Upstream really wanted to get the new libburn/libisofs out as they've made a lot of improvements. Since we don't have any sort of updates-testing for Extras, I built it for rawhide and let it sit there for a bit. Nobody complained, so I built the update for FC-6.

Ok, turns out the patch to port to the newer libburn/libisofs API wasn't all that bad, so this is now fixed :-)