info scriptlets and nodoc in rpmrc

Karsten Hopp karsten at redhat.com
Thu Jan 18 15:03:21 UTC 2007

Hans de Goede schrieb:
> Ville Skyttä wrote:
>> On Thursday 11 January 2007 14:20, Goede, J.W.R. de wrote:
>>> Because I'm low on harddiskspace on a certain machine I've
>>> added nodoc to my rpmrc, so that rpm no longer installs
>>> %doc files, now however during a yum update I get numerous
>>> install-info: no such file or directory ....
>>> errors and worse:
>>> error %post(xxx) scriptlet failed, exit status 1 errors
>>
>> http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-maintainers/2007-January/msg00017.html
>>
>> http://koti.welho.com/vskytta/install-infos/
>>
>> (54 of the reported Core packages remain unfixed at the moment)
>>

> Maybe one of the bugzilla scripting guru's on this list can take your
> list of packages and autofile bugs against all them?
>
> Regards,
>
> Hans

I've patched the specfiles of autoconf, automake, ed and wget so that the scriptlets
won't fail even when install-info fails.
But how about the error messages ? Shouldn't we redirect them to /dev/null ?

   Karsten

  Karsten Hopp        | Mail: karsten at redhat.de
  Red Hat Deutschland | Tel: +49-711-96437-0
  Hauptstaetterstr.58 | Fax: +49-711-613590
  D-70178 Stuttgart   | http://www.redhat.de