Re: cabextract maintainership

On 18/01/07, Julian Sikorski <belegdol gmail com> wrote:
Rex Dieter napisaƂ(a):
> Hans de Goede wrote:
>
>> Rex Dieter wrote:
>>> I'll be picking up maintainership of cabextract (currently listed as
>>> potential orphan on
>>> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/OrphanedPackages)
>
>> How does this relate to unshield? unshield works well for me, is there
>> any reason to have both?
>
> Excellent question.  I guess I was only fleetingly aware of unshield.  My
> main interest in cabextract is that it is currently a BuildRequires for
> (my) mathml-fonts pkg.
>
> I'll see about using unshield instead, and if that works, will likely
> re-orphan cabextract.  Poor thing, so unloved/unwanted. (:
>
> -- Rex

Also msttcorefonts (not in extras, but IMO used quite widely) requires
cabextract to build.

And ies4linux <http://www.tatanka.com.br/ies4linux/>, and possibly
other Wine-type things.

Info on this page <http://synce.sourceforge.net/synce/unshield.php>
suggests that unshield and cabextract are not _quite_ the same...

--
Mark Knoop