Summary - Broken dependencies in Fedora Extras - 2007-01-17

Todd Zullinger tmz at pobox.com
Thu Jan 18 20:51:05 UTC 2007

Michael Schwendt wrote:
> On Wed, 17 Jan 2007 10:05:40 -0500, Todd Zullinger wrote:
[...]
>> The development repo does have libgpod-0.4.2, so I'm not sure why
>> repoclosure is complaining.
>
> Simply because at the time it was running, the development repo did
> only have libgpod-0.4.0-2.fc7
>
> repomd.xml from 07-01-16 04:40:15.000000000 -0500

Thanks for clarification Michael.

As far as getting things fixed for FC6, can anyone point me at the
current process for moving things from updates to updates-testing
(this is for Core I know, but I'm hoping it's documented someplace).

The best link I've found on the wiki is:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/UpdatesSystem/IdealWorkflow

Is this what's planned for F7 and beyond or does it reflect the
current process?  The relevant part I'm interested in seems to note
that the current process to move from testing to final is depending on
the package maintainer doing it manually.  If that's true, I'd ask
AlexL to do that then.

Thanks for any help.  Sorry for pushing a package with broken deps.

We are not to expect to be transported from despotism to liberty in a
featherbed.
    -- Thomas Jefferson