Re: Geany: could not load libvte.so

Matthias Clasen wrote:
On Sat, 2007-01-20 at 08:15 -0500, Josef Whiter wrote:

That geany dlopen()'s libvte.so at run-time, is a bug in geany. It
ought to open the specific libvte.so.9 instead, since it was built with a specific vte-devel. See "src/vte.c".

Hmm, I have vte-devel as a BuildRequires, should I make it a Requires as well to fix this problem or should I actually patch geany to fix this issue?

Requiring a -devel package at runtime is wrong, unless you are a -devel
package yourself. Patching geany to dlopen the versioned library sounds
easy enough. Why does it have to dlopen vte anyway, instead of just
linking against it ?

Beats me, I will go through and make it so it doesn't do the dlopen and rebuild and then send the patch upstream. Thanks much for reporting this,

Josef