Want to take over orphaned package gtranslator

Michael Schwendt bugs.michael at gmx.net
Mon Jan 22 21:28:19 UTC 2007

On Mon, 22 Jan 2007 21:56:29 +0100, Sindre Pedersen Bjordal wrote:

> There are no open bugzilla tickets. I have updated owners.list and
> removed the package from the list of orphaned packages. How do I now
> build this package for Core 6 and devel, will I need to request those
> branches like with a new package?
>
> Side note: What ever the next step is, it should IMO be included in the
> wiki here:
> http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/OrphanedPackages#head-8cdfbf163e39fa898394163ba0307178ba2de062

That is based on the assumption that there is a recipe yet for
resurrecting dead packages.

Because this one is not just orphaned, it has been declared a
"dead.package" prior to FC-6. Hence it doesn't have a branch "FC-6", but
just "devel", "FC-5" and older.

You would need to return to the last known tag and bring back the files in
cvs devel branch. The tag is "gtranslator-1_1_6-3_fc5".

The cvs staff wants a bugzilla review ticket # for branch creation
requests. This package is from fedora.us age. You won't find the review in
bugzilla.redhat.com. The policy on what to do in that case is not
known. Maybe you need to resubmit it for a quick review.

In either case, you need to resurrect the gtranslator/devel files first.