Re: Geany: could not load libvte.so

Mark Knoop wrote:
I saw this editor newly in Extras, so gave it a try.

$ geany
** INFO: debug mode built in (can't be disabled)
** INFO: GTK+ 2.10.4, GLib 2.12.3
** INFO: Could not load libvte.so, terminal support disabled

It works fine if I symlink /usr/lib/libvte.so.9 to /usr/lib/libvte.so.
I would BZ this, but the geany component is not yet in Bugzilla.

Ok just committed a fix for this into geany-0.10-4, so tomorrow when it gets picked up you should be able to run it without having vte-devel installed. Let me know if you have any problems. Thank you,

Josef