Re: Fedora Extras License Audit

On Wed, 2007-01-24 at 17:39 +0100, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> Fundamental counter-question: Do the GPL infected parts of pango impose
> the GPL on non-GPL'ed applications being linked against it?

Not really. The code is copied from FreeType. FreeType is already
GPL/FTL, and any application that uses FreeType (almost every modern
desktop application) is bound to follow that license, which means that
it should either be GPL-ed, or respect the FTL license also.

But don't ask me about a good description of FTL. I still need to read
it thoroughly.

Roozbeh