RFC: Close this list now?

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Fri Mar 2 16:28:35 UTC 2007

Axel Thimm schrieb:
> On Thu, Mar 01, 2007 at 07:33:19PM +0100, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
>> as all of you probably know: Core and Extras merge. So this list
>> (fedora-extras-list at redhat.com) is mostly obsolete (¹).
> does it make sense to autosubscribe all members to fedora-devel (the
> one that aren't already) and preannounce that?

Autosubscribing people to another list is bad and we try tro avoid it at
all cost.

The solution I suggested to solve the problem was in my mail:

>> Closing plan: send all subscribed users that are not subscribed on
>> fedora-devel an mailman invite.

I did a "s/and/an/" -- there was a typo in my mail. Sorry.

A mailman invite afaik is a mail that gets send to you asking you to
subscribe to list foo by clicking on link bar.

That's a bit easier than a normal "subscribe via webpage; wait for mail
with url; click on link in mail; finally subscribed"

Cu
thl