RFC: Close this list now?

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Fri Mar 2 19:13:23 UTC 2007

On Fri, Mar 02, 2007 at 05:22:17PM +0100, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:

> fedora-maintainers is a closed list with only "subscribe-to-moderations"
> where only contributors can participate in the discussions (e.g. post
> from outsiders get rejected afaik). Sometimes that what we want, but we
> IMHO normally should act in the open (fedora-extas-list is also open).

Maybe in theory, but I have rarely seen a post from an outsider while
this is very common in fedora-devel-list. I think the most of the
traffic that happens today on extras list is not interesting for
outsider, while what is on fedora-devel is, that's why I guess that most
of the list traffic will go to the maintainers list (and there has
already been some traffic moving to the packaging list).

--
Pat