RFC: Close this list now?

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Fri Mar 2 21:16:56 UTC 2007

Roland Wolters schrieb:
> Once upon a time Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
>> as all of you probably know: Core and Extras merge. So this list
>> (fedora-extras-list at redhat.com) is mostly obsolete (¹).
> I wonder to which list I should definitely subscribed as a pure package
> maintainer: f-d-l seems to have a bit too much traffic.
> So, what else would I need besides f-m?

The long term plans is to send out all important informations to
packagers (maybe 5 mails a months) via the special mailing list
fedora-maintainer-announce  (users don't have to care about it -- for
them the fact that a mailing list gets uses to send the mails should is
not that important (but that's a seperate discussion)).

> Or would I miss too much if I would not join f-d-l?

We currently make sure that all important informations get send to
fedora-maintainers, so if you don't want to care about how the details
and how they get worked out: No, then you probably won't muss much.

CU
thl