Data Packages Guideline

Hans de Goede j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl
Sat Mar 3 06:56:29 UTC 2007

Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-03-02 at 10:24 -0600, Jon Ciesla wrote:
>> Of course, it's Immutable.  Would someone with access to it care to make
>> the change and let me know so I can update the Games SIG page?  Thanks!
>> Suggested text follows, edit as you see fit:
>>
> I've added this as a draft guideline so the Packaging Committee can look
> at it and approve it as an update to the Guidelines.  If you'd like to
> push it forward, that would be excellent.  Basically, it needs
> discussion on the fedora-packaging at redhat.com list to iron out any
> problems, new drafts made addressing those issues, and then the
> Packaging Committee will vote on it either on list or during a weekly
> Tuesday meeting.
>   http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackagingDrafts/DataPackages
>
> If you can guide it through the comments and initial revisions I'll get
> it onto the agenda.

The draft looks good, notice that I don't think this needs to be
discussed, this has been done like discusses in the past and agreed
upon. And we have been doing things like this for a while packages which
come to mind are tremulous-data (100 Mb!), raidem-music (22 Mb) and
there are others. It just has never been written down.

Regards,

Hans