Data Packages Guideline

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Sat Mar 3 16:14:14 UTC 2007

On Sat, Mar 03, 2007 at 09:35:59AM -0600, Jason L Tibbitts III wrote:

> TK> I've added this as a draft guideline so the Packaging Committee
> TK> can look at it and approve it as an update to the Guidelines.
>
> Since this basically codifies existing process, I think it's fine; it
> would certainly be good to have it written down in any case.  It's
> actually 100% process since it doesn't require any changes to the
> guidelines (%dist is only suggested normally), so I'd suggest that you
> can just add it.

If the existing guidelines cover this (which they do), then why add
it? Furthermore whatever is true for the data bits in this regards is
mostly true for firmwares/fonts etc. as well. and we've tried to keep
the specification rather clean from buildsystem or procedures topics,
the addition is perhaps better made in the review guidelines.

> If you feel the PC does need to vote on it, then +1 from me.

Anything for the packaging guidelines needs to be voted upon. See also
the neutral clarification on the --buildroot which had to be removed
because it was suggested after the voting.

But, as said, this probably just needs to be a clarification
elsewhere.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net