garbage-collector.rpm ? (Was: Re: Summary - Broken dependencies in Fedora Extras - 2007-03-03)

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Mon Mar 12 16:55:44 UTC 2007

On Monday 12 March 2007 12:26:25 Rex Dieter wrote:
> Is this ok [y/N]:
>
> that doesn't count as user concent?

Not when it is buried in the mess of the other hundreds of packages going from
Fedora N to Fedora N+1.

Nor is it very obvious in the GUI or UI why a set of packages are set for
removal, one would have to chew through yum output or even potentially debug
output to see exactly why these packages are getting lumped into removal.  I
think our user experience around using yum to update from one release to the
next is bad enough without adding in a "feature" to drop orphaned packages
like hot potatoes.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora