Naming of language binding package if its part of the main lib.

Hans de Goede j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl
Sat Mar 31 17:55:29 UTC 2007

Hi,

I've recently packaged paragui, and this comes with python bindings included,
I've used "%package python" for these bindings resulting in paragui-python as
name, this seems natural, but if the python bindings were a stand alone
package, it would violate the package naming guidelines. In the stand alone
case the name must be "python-paragui", which can be realized in this case too,
by using: "%package -n python-%{name}" .

So which one is best in the bindings included in the main lib case?

Regards,

Hans