[Fedora-fonts-list] Font design

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Fri Oct 19 12:00:59 UTC 2007

Le Ven 19 octobre 2007 13:36, Anne Wilson a écrit :

Hi Anne,

> I'd hate anyone to think that I wrote like 'stalefries' :-)  The
> second one is
> quite nice, though.  The script-style that I personally like is shown
> in the
> attached file.  I'd like to see whether I can create something very
> similar.

IMHO you should start by contributing a few glyphs to an existing
project like DejaVu, just to get used to font tools and see the
challenges you'll face once you'll have more than a few glyphs in your
font, and then when you're comfortable as font designer start your own
script project. Otherwise you'll just make beginner mistakes.

--
Nicolas Mailhot