[Fedora-fonts-list] Font design

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Fri Oct 19 12:34:06 UTC 2007

On Friday 19 Oct 2007, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
> Le Ven 19 octobre 2007 13:36, Anne Wilson a écrit :
>
> Hi Anne,
>
> > I'd hate anyone to think that I wrote like 'stalefries' :-)  The
> > second one is
> > quite nice, though.  The script-style that I personally like is shown
> > in the
> > attached file.  I'd like to see whether I can create something very
> > similar.
>
> IMHO you should start by contributing a few glyphs to an existing
> project like DejaVu, just to get used to font tools and see the
> challenges you'll face once you'll have more than a few glyphs in your
> font, and then when you're comfortable as font designer start your own
> script project. Otherwise you'll just make beginner mistakes.

I don't expect a fast start, partly because I'm still in the middle of a big
video project, and partly because I have no prior knowledge whatsoever :-)
However, I will try to make a start soon, no matter how small.  I've no doubt
that I will be back with many questions.  I always am, when I start something
new :-)

Anne