[Fedora-fonts-list] default Arabic font for F9?

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Fri Oct 26 07:44:36 UTC 2007

Le Ven 26 octobre 2007 03:58, Jens Petersen a écrit :
> Nicolas Mailhot さんは書きました:
>> This is the plan, but upstream is late in merging farsi. We may make
>> it
>> the default even if farsi is not merged, but that needs to be
>> discussed.
>
> Ok.  You mean the default font for Fedora, right, not just Arabic?

It's pretty much the same thing as the blocker to make the non-lgc
DejaVu a distribution default was arabic/farsi conflicts last time the
problem was raised.

>> IMHO we should take F9T1 as deadline to decide on this.
>
> For the final decision, sure.  But I think we should make the changes
> in
> comps for testing long before that so that there is sufficient time to
> evaluate it.  Personally I would be tempted to just go ahead and do it
> early and see what happens.  I guess dejavu-lgc-fonts users should not
> notice any difference, right?

LGC users won't notice the difference and lgc will still be available
in the repo for people that do not like a dejavu-full default and
prefer lgc only.

I suppose you can make changes in F9 comps now. It's not as if anyone
but hardcore rawhide users will see them before test1 (and if we
finally decide not to do it it can be undone later easily)

Regards,

--
Nicolas Mailhot