Debian's working on a font tarball template - please check and comment

Nicolas Spalinger nicolas_spalinger at sil.org
Fri Jul 4 11:30:09 UTC 2008

Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
> [...]

Dear Nicolas (and everyone),

Thanks for fwd-ing to the Fedora list :-)

Let me quickly add that this is not intended to be Debian-specific at
all but comes from suggestions and discussions with SIL designers,
various people at the last LGM (Libre Graphics Meeting) TLM
(TextLayoutMeeting) and UDS (Ubuntu Developer Summit). More like a
cross-distro, cross-OS type spec actually.

The purpose is to make life easier for designers/script engineers
wanting to use a (D)VCS for collaborative open font design and *also*
for packagers who make this work available in the distros :-)

Awaiting your feedback.
Cheers,

--
Nicolas Spalinger