Call for OpenType fonts! [Was: Re: Fwd: [Fwd: the ivory tower and the bazaar]]

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Tue Jul 22 14:40:36 UTC 2008

Le Mar 22 juillet 2008 16:16, Vasile Gaburici a écrit :

> Since we are debating the state of Fedora fonts, I'd also like to add
> that Fedora should ship as many OpenType fonts as possible.

Bear in mind that OpenType can mean TTF fonts with OpenType features
nowadays.

Other than that, I fully agree with you, but that means recruiting new
font packagers. At the rate we're going now, it's going to take many
releases to process
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Category:Font_wishlist
let alone work on fonts not listed there.

(You can easily check this rate by looking at
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fonts_inclusion_history
Since I'm reaching the limits on the number of packages I can maintain
in my spare time, a realistic future rate all other things being equal
should be computed by removing all the packages I've done in the past
from the lists).

--
Nicolas Mailhot