Call for OpenType fonts! [Was: Re: Fwd: [Fwd: the ivory tower and the bazaar]]

Simos Xenitellis simos.lists at googlemail.com
Wed Jul 23 09:11:41 UTC 2008

On Tue, Jul 22, 2008 at 6:58 PM, Vasile Gaburici <vgaburici at gmail.com> wrote:
> Most people using OOo probably don't have clue what features OpenType
> provides, mostly because they've only seen Arial and Times New Roman.
> So I don't expect widespread requests from the userbase...
>
> Btw, is there a way to vote for feature requests, or do we have to
> spam them on the forums?

It appears that the voting in the individual issues has little
significance at the moment.
If you join the UX mailing list (it's a list, not a web forum), there
are more chances that something can happen.
What I believe is missing is establishing to the UX list how many of
the existing/prospective OOo users are affected.

Simos