[Fwd: Re: The goose OpenType eggs holds...]

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Thu Jul 24 19:48:32 UTC 2008

-------------------------- Message original --------------------------
Objet:    Re: The goose OpenType eggs holds...
De:       "Tom \"spot\" Callaway" <tcallawa redhat com>
Date:     Jeu 24 juillet 2008 17:15

On Thu, 2008-07-24 at 17:08 +0200, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
> It's based on the raw data. That's explained in their presentations.
>
> > otherwise GUST would be bound by the GPL,
> > and could not change the license...
>
> I think so too, but IANAL. I'm sure an official Fedora notification
> will make them relicense if necessary.

Unless they are the copyright holder (not only for the new work, but
also for the original source work), they cannot relicense something from
GPL to GUST. Nor should Fedora even consider including anything which is
doing that.

Please consider this "an official Fedora notification" that this is not
appropriate.

~spot

--
Nicolas Mailhot