The goose OpenType eggs holds...

Vasile Gaburici vgaburici at gmail.com
Fri Jul 25 08:01:29 UTC 2008

Since URW is the original copyright holder, the solution would be for
URW to either relicense the fonts themselves e.g. under LPPL or OFL -
whaterver FOSS license works best for fonts, or to give special
permission, i.e. an exclusive license, to GUST do so... I doubt URW
would care much either way after almost 20 years since these fonts
have GPL'd. But they need to be approached about the matter. I guess
Tom knows better what's the optimal way out in a situation like this.