RFC: A truly cross-distro game packaging list (was: Re: Chromium BSU upstream developers needed!)

Tue Mar 18 09:31:09 UTC 2008

On Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 10:02 AM, Paul Wise <pabs at debian.org> wrote:

>  I'd suggest freedesktop.org would be the right place.

Also an option, yes. I will poke them a bit, but on a hunch, I would not
mind setting stuff up over there, either.

>  A ##games on freenode would be a good idea.

Depends. While ##games has the potential to become a sort of central hub
about all kind of open source games, which is good, a name like
#cross-distro-games would allow us to use the official namespace and it
could be expanded to encompass other cross-distro-* lists on freedesktop
and channels on freenode over time. As I am freenode staff, I am prolly
best suited to handle that side, as well.

I am poking the fdo people as I write this email to find out if they
would be OK with hosting non-X lists as well if they pop into existance.

If that is not the case, we are back to either berlios or, if we believe
this can grow (and it probably will), to set up a dedicated domain with
ML hosting as I _do_ see potential for this to become 'more'.

Richard