"Sanitation"

Gian Paolo Mureddu gmureddu at prodigy.net.mx
Wed Mar 26 20:44:10 UTC 2008

I will have to agree with Peter here... To be sure your message is well
understood (and very important for a collaborative project), you will
have to try and redact better your messages to make it easier on your
peers they understand *exactly* what you mean. It is a courtesy to your
peers and to the project itself so what you have to say is indeed
understood by your targeted audience. Oh! And if you can, please run
your messages through a spell checker! (we all make mistakes while
typing, a spell checker makes sure you type what you want and afterwards
just points out those words you may have misspelled, win-win). Oh, and
it is never too late to learn punctuation!

Now onto the message itself, I like the style you want to give to the
game, but I have to ask: Are you targeting at making the game in the
line of Resident Evil, including the *intentional* "cheesy-ness"?
Without those cheesy elements (sound effects, intentional bad voice
acting, apparent lousy script [see RE1], overdone sudden sounds to
"scare", etc) Resident Evil wouldn't be Resident Evil. The most
difficult part to do, I believe, would be to balance off each
character's weaponry against the enemies they will encounter, and
another very difficult thing to get done right are the puzzle elements
inherent to these type of games (unless you want to make it a more
action-oriented kind of survival horror). A project like this will take
its sweet time to come around, we're talking about many years probably
especially since it would be made out in the open and on people's free
time, so it will take a special type of commitment to see this
through... Just making that clear because more often than not we see
projects being orphaned by their original developers...