[Fedora-packaging] Re: [Fedora-haskell-list] Revised Haskell Guidelines 2008.08.13

Yaakov Nemoy loupgaroublond at gmail.com
Thu Aug 28 01:00:01 UTC 2008

On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 8:26 PM, Jens Petersen <petersen at redhat.com> wrote:
> Hi Jason,
>
>> Because the draft was submitted to us as complete, and we voted on it.
>
> I understood that it was submitted as a draft for comments...

Long ago, i got tired of submitting drafts for comments to have to
wait.  I took spot's advice and just submitted them for review and
comment simultaneously.  The principle idea was that I put a deadline
on the commenting period, and if there were no comments by a certain
time, then it would go straight to review. This way, two groups of
people got a chance to look at the drafts at the same time.

Finally, it went for a review by the Committee, and they made their
comments.  We also discussed your comments.  I addressed their
comments, which was the final request for review.

Like I said (accidentally offlist), it's not set in stone either, I'm
still listening.

-Yaakov