[Fedora-haskell-list] Test package available for review -- Cabal-1.4.0.2 (rev2, using ghc_* macros in macros.ghc).

Rajesh Krishnan fedora at krishnan.cc
Fri Aug 29 10:45:18 UTC 2008

Yaakov,

I have built ghc-cabal with a modified version of your macros.ghc file (link
below).
Here are the resulting packages.  The following were tested with F8 and F9
(Did not test against Rawhide(F10) as I think rpmbuild on F10 has some issues
related to buildroot resolution).

RPM(x86_64 and -prof):
http://krishnan.cc/devel/repository/fedora/RPMS/x86_64/ghc-cabal-1.4.0.2-2.fc9.x86_64.rpm
http://krishnan.cc/devel/repository/fedora/RPMS/x86_64/ghc-cabal-prof-1.4.0.2-2.fc9.x86_64.rpm

RPM(i386 and -prof):
http://krishnan.cc/devel/repository/fedora/RPMS/i386/ghc-cabal-1.4.0.2-2.fc9.i386.rpm
http://krishnan.cc/devel/repository/fedora/RPMS/i386/ghc-cabal-prof-1.4.0.2-2.fc9.i386.rpm

SPEC:
http://krishnan.cc/devel/repository/fedora/SPECS/ghc-cabal.spec

SRPM:
http://krishnan.cc/devel/repository/fedora/SRPMS/ghc-cabal-1.4.0.2-2.fc9.src.rpm

macros.ghc:
http://krishnan.cc/devel/repository/fedora/MISC/macros.ghc
(This is the modified file with ghc_* style macros. Note
that we  need to place macros.ghc under /etc/rpm/ to successfully build
with the above .spec).

Let me know if you or anyone else has modified macros.ghc recently.  It is a
small file, so a quickly viewing this in Kompare along with the original
should be easy enough to investigate the differences.  Note that I foresee
some more changes that might need to be introduced into macros.ghc as we gain
more expertise in building other cabal packages.

BTW, going forward, how would you like me to submit packages for review
request?  Using the Bugzilla, or any other means?  I plan to maintain a link
for all the packages I submit on my wiki page, for easy reference (its not
there yet).

-Rajesh