[Fedora-haskell-list] Package guideline feedback

Jens Petersen petersen at redhat.com
Fri Feb 15 09:29:31 UTC 2008

Bryan O'Sullivan wrote:
> Brief comments on http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackagingDrafts/Haskell
:
>> This is show stopping for the review process. I need someone's input on why this is happening.
>
> debuginfo packages shouldn't even be built.  GHC doesn't emit DWARF debug data.

Right, and at least in some of the haskell packages we explicitly
disable debuginfo.  That could probably be included in a sample haskell
spec file.

>> -devel sub-package
>>
>> Do we need them?
>
> No.

Agree, probably not - at least non to date.  Though I was tinkering a
little recently with the idea of put .a files into -devel and .o files
into the library packages, but I am not sure yet if it makes full sense
or would be useful.  Perhaps we should ship .o files anyway rather than
generating them at install time.

Jens