[Fedora-haskell-list] Mass closure of submissions?

Miles Sabin miles at milessabin.com
Tue Jun 17 23:41:37 UTC 2008

Hi folks,

As a potential submitter of Haskell packages I'd welcome some
clarification on what just happened here.

>From the outside it looks like,

* New submitter created BZ's for packages in good faith but without
being aware of the (currently non-existent?) Haskell packaging
guidelines.

* Various borderline rude comments were made.

* The BZ's were closed with extrordinary haste without giving the
submitter a great deal of time to respond (I mean, maybe he's been
away on holiday for the last few days?).

Now, perhaps that's not how it really was, but I don't feel
particularly motivated to do work on any packages myself unless I'm
reasonably confident that I won't be on the receiving end of similar
(apparently) high-handed treatment.

To that end it would be very helpful if someone could outline,

* What in particular that guy did wrong.

* What are the most important things for a package submitter to do to
ensure a successful outcome.

Cheers,

Miles