[Fedora-haskell-list] guidelines install scripts

Tom Moertel tom at moertel.com
Mon Nov 24 15:47:36 UTC 2008

Jens Petersen wrote:
> Summarizing: %ghc_preinst_script and %ghc_postun_script should not been needed since ghc_postinst_script runs "ghc-pkg update".

This change seems reasonable to me.  If you want to test the corner-case
that the old preinst/postun logic was added to handle, try the following:

    1.  Install a Haskell-flavored RPM that uses the new install scripts.

    2.  In the spec file for that RPM, bump the Release (but leave
        everything else the same) and rebuild the RPM.

    3.  Update (rpm -Uhv) to the new release of the RPM.

    4.  Check to see that the package is properly registered w/ GHC.

More background on the original problem:
http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-haskell-list/2008-August/msg00009.html

Cheers,
Tom