[Fedora-haskell-list] Tentative plan for GHC 6.10.1

Bryan O'Sullivan bos at serpentine.com
Fri Oct 3 18:11:44 UTC 2008

I have a working spec file that builds the GHC 6.10.1 beta, and the beta
itself seems solid so far.

What I'd like to do is push it to F-10 as soon as F-10 and 6.10.1 are both
final. This will require a rebuild of ghc-gtk2hs, but nothing more.

We'll need to retire the haddock package, as GHC itself now builds and
installs haddock. I'll mark the GHC package as obsoleting the haddock
package.

We're still several weeks away from 6.10.1, by the way: there are some major
changes in Cabal that need to be smoothed out so that the entire store of
packages on Hackage doesn't break.