[Fedora-haskell-list] Platform is done

Yaakov Nemoy loupgaroublond at gmail.com
Fri Aug 28 14:39:54 UTC 2009

Hey List,

I think i just banged out the last review for the Haskell Platform.

I have a couple of questions about how do we stick to the current
Platform release and still provide the latest and greatest versions of
packages. I also want to know what's next.

Here's some thoughts

- Finish the haskell version of cabal2spec and switch the version in
Fedora over to that.
- Get proper dependency resolution in cabal2spec
- Automate cabal2spec so that it can spit out a fully working package
with little intervention
- Make cabal2spec-diff more intelligent, so that if we apply a patch
provided by it, it won't try to remove the lines we've filled in with
generic macros (lines like license and changelog entries).
- Find a broader set of core packages we want to see, and get those in as well.
- Find CC licensed ascii art for a unicorn, so we can submit the
can-i-have-a-pony package to Fedora

Any other comments?

Cheers,
Yaakov