[Fedora-haskell-list] GHC 6.10.3+ in Fedora 11?

Evan Klitzke evan at eklitzke.org
Wed Jun 3 04:56:39 UTC 2009

The current GHC in the Fedora 11 repos is 6.10.1, and the current
upstream release is 6.10.3. Is it likely that we'll get a newer GHC
during the Fedora 11 lifecycle? I don't know all of the vagaries about
how GHC version changes affect the rest of the Haskell ecosystem (e.g.
whether or not it requires rebuilding all of the other haskell
packages in the repos), so I guess I'm wondering if there are any
technical obstacles to upgrading GHC, or if it's just a matter of
finding time to build and test it.

Thanks.

--
Evan Klitzke <evan at eklitzke.org> :wq