[Fedora-haskell-list] gnome-terminal with xmonad.hs

Yaakov Nemoy loupgaroublond at gmail.com
Thu Sep 3 19:23:04 UTC 2009

Greets,

2009/9/3 Shakthi Kannan <shakthimaan at gmail.com>:
> Hi,
>
> I have setup myTerminal to 'gnome-terminal' in ~/.xmonad/xmonad.hs,
> but, when starting xmonad on Fedora 11, it doesn't show up on pressing
> Alt+Shift+Enter on a Dell Vostro 1310 laptop.
>
> If I set it to xterm, and I open gnome-terminal from it, it does open.
> What could be the reason for this? I have xmonad-0.8.1-13.fc11.i586
> installed.
>
> Appreciate any inputs in this regard,

I heard you were looking for some help in #xmonad about this issue.
Let's see if we can figure it out.

Let's start with ~/.xsession-errors. Is there any info in there that
seems to explain what might be going on?

Another thing to do is add a line in your xmonad.hs config that on
startup prints the PATH environment to the screen as well. If you can
get xterm, you should be able to get gnome-terminal.

I also presume you can load it in a regular gnome session from another
window manager perfectly fine?

-Yaakov