[Fedora-i18n-list] Test feedback (GIMLET)

Akira TAGOH tagoh at redhat.com
Wed Apr 7 03:34:10 UTC 2004

Hi,

PZ> I suspect we are entering an area where a more developer-oriented
PZ> feedback might be useful. I cringe every time when people follow
PZ> a blackbox approach to kernel failures when a simple look at the
PZ> code would explain them. The difficulty in this case is that the
PZ> userland is hideously complex. I am willing to look at this in
PZ> better detail, but I need a mentor. Do you know a GNOME hacker
PZ> who would be willing to guide me?

BTW do you see Japanese on your box? in particular on gtk2
applications. if it's gimlet specific problem, I have no
clue to fix this. otherwise you need to check if the fonts
are installed properly. can you see the Kochi Gothic and the
Kochi Mincho from fc-list? and does gtk2 apps show Japanese
on the menu say? please try to run gtk2 apps with
LANG=ja_JP.UTF-8.

Regards,
--
Akira TAGOH