[Fedora-i18n-list] Displaying Traditional Chinese fonts problem

Leon Ho llch at redhat.com
Mon Aug 30 01:17:34 UTC 2004

Would you tell me on your steps to reproduce it?

This is how I tested and I wouldn't able to reproduce the problem:

- run kedit and OOo
- cut and paste texts from www.yahoo.com.tw
- save it to /tmp/test.txt and /tmp/test.sxw
- quit the application and reopen

They seems fine for me. Can you have a look what locale are you in? (by
running 'locale' command in terminal)

Thanks
Leon

On Sun, 2004-08-29 at 12:43 +0800, Stephen Liu wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> Fedora Core 2
> (upgraded from RH8)
>
> I encountered following problem in displaying
> Traditonal Chinese fonts correctly.
>
> If I copied a paragraph/text from a Chinese website,
> Traditional Chinese, and pasted it to OOo
> Writer/Kedit, the Chinese content can display
> correctly.  But after saving -> closing -> reopenging
> the document the text can't display correctly, only
> symbols/codes.  I have Chinese fonts, both Trad and
> Simplified installed on the OS, such as Ar Pl Jautum
> GB/Big 5, Ar Pl Mingti21 Big5, Ar Pl Sungtil GB,
> HanWangfangong medium, etc.  But non of them can work.
>
> Kindly advise how to solve this problem.
>
> TIA.
>
> B.R.
> Stephen Liu

 Leon Ho                      <llch at redhat.com>
 Team Lead, I18N Engineering  Red Hat Asia-Pacific
 Legal:         http://apac.redhat.com/disclaimer