[Fedora-i18n-list] Test result (Can't communicate with IIIM server)

Kohei Yoshida kyoshida at mesco.com
Fri Feb 27 15:17:20 UTC 2004

Hi Lawrence,

On Fri, 2004-02-27 at 01:16, Lawrence Lim wrote:
> Hi Kohei,
> I have realised that you are not alone on this issue, I have seen a
> few other users expressing the same issue as well.
>
> Unfortunately, it is very hard for me to pin-point exactly what is
> causing the problem at the moment as this is not an unanimous event
> where all users have the same problem. Nevertheless, it is a very
> interesting situation and is worth investigating ;). I really
> appreciate your effort for this.

No problem.  I understand this module is still in its infancy, so I
don't expect it to work flawlessly (yet).

> Time for diagnosis (Please correct me if I am wrong):
> + From your past email, I gathered that you are using FC1 in the KDE
> environment with en_US as the system locale

That is correct.  But I encounter the same problem under GNOME also.

> + Your IIIMF installtion package is correct and CannaLE is there.

Yes.  At least I didn't get any suspicious error message during
installation.  I used yum to install my IIIMF package, if it matters.

> Try the following:
> + Log out/Restart your machine
>
> (open a terminal)
> + service IIim restart (should be two line of [OK])
> + service IIim status (should have a pid)
> + export LANG=ja_JP.UTF-8
> + export XMODIFIERS=@im=htt
> + /usr/lib/im/httx
>
> (open another terminal)
> + export LANG=ja_JP.UTF-8
> + export XMODIFIERS=@im=htt
> + gedit (finger cross)

Have done this a couple of times, but no luck.

> If by now the same problem still remains, please carry on with the
> following steps :
> (gedit application)
> + right click mouse (a pop-up menu will appear)
> + select Input Methods (an extension to the pop-up menu will appear)
> + select Internet/Intranet Input Method (select it again even if it is
> already selected)

Done this.  But the problem still remains.  The Internet/Intranet Input
Method was already selected, but I re-selected it like you requested.
No luck. :(

Well, I guess I'll go back to kinput2 for now.  But I'll test IIIMF
again when new versions are released.

Good luck guys!

Kohei