[Fedora-i18n-list] Japanese also almost working... Now fonts are toasted too

D M dmason at jersey.uoregon.edu
Fri Jul 2 15:44:56 UTC 2004

On Friday 02 July 2004 01:42, Akira TAGOH wrote:

> Please, don't use -60. it has a lot of bugs. if you want to
> test IIIMF, please install 11.4-63.svn1772.1 which is
> available on rawhide (Fedora Core development). otherwise
> use 11.4-46.svn1587 as the stable updated packages.

I believe I did have these problems with 11.4-46.svn1587, and since its not
clear 60 is helping anything I'll revert back and try again...

What font does the input window choose, or how is that controlled?  I have
changed all my KDE fonts (via control center) to Kochi Gothic, but fixed
width am only allowed western fonts (or at minimum aliased fonts) -- though
I see the same effect from a brand new uncustomized account as well.  It works
fine if I start out in Japanese mode, but if my default language is English
the character window becomes fontless.  Mysteriously it works perfect from
mozilla, but then returning to a KDE app, there are no fonts.