[Fedora-i18n-list] Error still there on FC2: Can't communicate with IIIM server

peter zhou yb_zhou at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 20 09:24:19 UTC 2004

I am Peter from China.

I installed a Fedora Core 2 with a kernel upgraded to 2.6.7 on my machine.

After I login on a Simplified Chinese environment, and tried to input Chinese,
I got the error "Can't communicate with IIIM server".

Searching on RedHat, I have seen some hints/reports, and I tried them. But it
still not working on my Env.

IIim Env on my machine( rpm -qa|grep iiim):iiimf-client-lib-11.4-43
iiimf-server-11.4-43
iiimf-csconv-11.4-43
iiimf-protocol-lib-devel-11.4-43
iiimf-docs-11.4-43
iiimf-x-11.4-43
iiimf-gtk-11.4-43
iiimf-client-lib-devel-11.4-43
iiimf-le-xcin-0.1.5-1
iiimf-le-inpinyin-0.3-2
iiimf-protocol-lib-11.4-43

I am using the default setting for /etc/htt.conf

Other Apps installed:
WINE

Can someone help me on this?

Thanks