[Fedora-i18n-list] locale: Cannot set LC_CTYPE to default locale: No such file or directory

Johan Henes Johan at henes.no
Fri Jul 23 23:41:00 UTC 2004

Hi !

On my Fedora C1-server I suddenly experience problems running programs,
ie yum :
..
 [root at notes en_US]# yum
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/yum", line 30, in ?
    yummain.main(sys.argv[1:])
  File "/usr/share/yum/yummain.py", line 159, in main
    locale.setlocale(locale.LC_ALL, '')
  File "/usr/lib/python2.2/locale.py", line 381, in setlocale
    return _setlocale(category, locale)
locale.Error: locale setting not supported
..

When checking my locale settings they are unchanged from my systems
default - /etc/sysconfig/i18n :
..
LANG="en_US.UTF-8"
SUPPORTED="en_US.UTF-8:en_US:en"
SYSFONT="latarcyrheb-sun16"
..

I get these errormessages running "locale" :
..
[root at notes en_US]# locale
locale: Cannot set LC_CTYPE to default locale: No such file or directory
locale: Cannot set LC_MESSAGES to default locale: No such file or
directory
locale: Cannot set LC_ALL to default locale: No such file or directory
LANG=en_US.UTF-8
LC_CTYPE="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_NUMERIC="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_TIME="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_COLLATE="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_MONETARY="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_MESSAGES="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_PAPER="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_NAME="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_ADDRESS="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_TELEPHONE="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_MEASUREMENT="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_IDENTIFICATION="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_ALL=en_US.UTF-8
..

I am not able to find where the error is. All files seems to be ok in
/usr/share/locale/en_US/...

Can anyone help me ??

Best regards,

Johan