[Fedora-i18n-list] Traditional chinese and spanish

Alejandro Regodesebes aregodesebes at yahoo.com.ar
Thu Jun 10 15:54:28 UTC 2004

Hi everybody!

I'm trying to input traditinal chinese text in a
Fedora core 2 machine with spanish environtment. And I
can't manage it to work.

I created a new user with chinese environtment, the
programs works well, but it was imposible to input any
character in the 3th tone (pinyin): the spanish
distribution of the keyboard seems to put a point when
inputting this tone.

In a full spanish environtment the window of iimf
shows only a few of the characters, and it is
imposible (for me) to input pinyin mode. Other problem
is that the "ñ" character (the n letter with an ~
above) doesn't work in OpenOffice.org when the iimf
server is on (but it works in others programs). That
very confusing for me.

With Fedora Core 1, however, I could work fine in a
spanish environtment with a small script that sets the
xcin environtment and launched openoffice next, but I
don't know how to do something like this in Fedora 2

¿Can anybody help me to find documentation (in spanish
or english, I'm just starting to learn chinese) or
something to archieve a solution?

(¿Can anybody understand my english? :) sorry, my
spanish is much, much, better) Thanks!

Contanos cómo usás el correo electrónico,
qué pensás del spam y de los virus.
Encuesta de Correo Yahoo!
Participá en
http://ar.surveys.yahoo.com/ar_mailpr2