[Fedora-i18n-list] Japanese input _almost_ working in English FC2 (KDE)

morpheus morpheus at post.harvard.edu
Wed Jun 23 23:26:40 UTC 2004

Hi,

I'm running FC2 with KDE English locale.  I've almost managed to get
Japanese input with IIim working, but I'm not all the way there.  I've
read the whole mailing list archive and tried a lot of things, and as a
last resort I'm sending this e-mail.

All latest versions of package installed properly.
I use the /etc/init.d/IIim script to start services, services running as
follows:

/usr/sbin/cannaserver -syslog -u bin
/usr/bin/jserver
httx
htt_xbe
/usr/sbin/htt
htt_server -nodaemon

Note that I modified the IIim script as follows, based on a
recommendation from this list:
LANG=ja_JP.UTF8 daemon --user htt $HTT $OPTIONS 2>&1 </dev/null

My .bash_profile contains:
export XMODIFIERS="@im=iiim"
export XMODIFIERS=im=htt
export GTK_IM_MODULE=iiim
export LC_CTYPE=ja_JP.UTF-8

When I run Ximian Evolution or any OpenOffice apps, I can right-click
and under Input Methods I can choose Internet/Intranet Input Method.
When I do so, I get a little tab at the bottom of the window that says
"English".  However, I can't get it to change to Japanese.  I tried
Shift-Space, CTRL-Space, ALT-Space and even tried using the
Hankaku/Zenkaku key on my Japanese keyboard.  Nothing works.  Do I have
the wrong key combination or is my IIim not properly installed/running?

Hope someone can help.

-jr

PS - Is there a man page or a users guide yet?