[Fedora-i18n-list] iiimf-le-xcin feedback

Lawrence Lim llim at redhat.com
Fri Mar 5 01:52:25 UTC 2004

Hi,
If you are an xcin user, I would love to hear your feedback for the LE,
in particular the usability aspect of the current version.

At the moment, I would like to know whether you think the
<Shift>+(1,2,3,4) for tone selection is good or bad during Pinyin mode
input.  Currently, the mechanism will default to tone 1 during input,
which is why you need the <Shuft> key to differentaite whether it is a
candidate selection or tone selection.

Do you think that eliminating the <Shift> key, which means that no tone
is default during input, so you have to input for example, hong1 to get
the candidates for tone 1 or hong2 to get the candidates for tone 2,
will inprove the usability of the LE?

Cheers,
Lawrence