[Fedora-i18n-list] Test feedback (GIMLET)

Pete Zaitcev zaitcev at redhat.com
Wed Mar 31 18:46:53 UTC 2004

On Wed, 31 Mar 2004 22:11:46 +0900
Jens Petersen <petersen at redhat.com> wrote:

>     PZ> 4. Type Ctrl-SPACE to switch between kana and
>     PZ>    ASCII. When in ASCII, applet is invisible in the
>     PZ>    task bar. It is visible on mouse-over though.
>
> I can follow your other steps, but I'm not sure how to
> reproduce this.  For me once gimlet shows the status for
> Japanese/Ascii it continues to do so irrespective of the
> focus.

Perhaps I miss a font somewhere. Please refer to the attached screenshots
(sorry for the MIME, please let me know if you prefer a URL).
You might notice that one of them shows an outline of the applet (empty).
It only appears if mouse cursor moves into it, otherwise it completely
blends into the panel.

However, even if I miss a font, it's no excuse not to show something, IMHO.
Maybe an asterisk or a built-in glyph of latin "A".

Have a nice day!
-- Pete